PERFORM Researcher Membership
PERFORM's researcher members and specialists in health and disease prevention play an important role in cultivating interdisciplinary and collaborative research that creates links between a variety of traditional and non-traditional disciplines in an effort to improve health across the population. We strive to advance knowledge and train future generations of researchers. In addition to fostering multidisciplinary collaborations, we also teach for tomorrow in generating training opportunities for the next generation of health-care professionals and practitioners. In support of this endeavour, we promote research knowledge transfer by hosting research talks and an annual international conference.
The research infrastructure at the PERFORM Centre is designed to generate and support multidisciplinary studies where researchers can investigate many aspects of the promotion of better health through prevention in innovative ways.
The membership structure at PERFORM is intended to accommodate a wide range of research interests and foster a culture of collegiality, innovation and excellence in research development, community engagement and educational opportunities.
Membership is renewable every three years. At the end of their mandate, PERFORM researcher members will be expected to apply for membership renewal for ratification by the Scientific Director.
General Eligibility Criteria
To be eligible for researcher membership, individuals must:
- hold a PhD or equivalent degree.
- hold a tenure-track, tenured, scientist or affiliate position at a recognized academic institution
- commit to pursuing an independent research program at PERFORM, or to collaborate with a PERFORM researcher on a research project or program that supports the Centre's mission and values.
- manage an active research program with regular peer reviewed scientific publications.
- hold externally funded research grants as a principal investigator
- Engage in collaborative activities within PERFORM's organization (e.g., serve on a strategic committee, play an active role in support of educational and community engagement and knowledge translation activities, etc.).
- Contribute knowledge and expertise as required (e.g. updated CV, synopsis of active research projects, applications for funding etc.).
- Actively solicit external sources of research funding for work conducted at PERFORM.
- Serve as an ambassador of PERFORM both within their academic or research institutions and while at conferences, workshops, seminars, etc.
- Recognize affiliation to PERFORM Centre in all publications resulting from any and all research conducted at PERFORM
- A working environment that promotes collaboration and research excellence in preventive health
- Access to PERFORM researcher members, partners, networks and professionals.
- Use of PERFORM facilities and resources at member rates.
- Access to PERFORM events including colloquiums, annual conferences, networking events
- Mentorship and career development support.
- Access to, and support from, PERFORM's educational, knowledge translation and community engagement programs.
Interested candidates can submit applications for research membership at PERFORM to the Assistant Director, Research Development Initiatives, Lynn Roy (email@example.com) at any time. The application is then submitted to the Scientific Director for consideration. The SD may then recommend membership and submit the application to the Executive Committee. Applications are reviewed four (4) times per year.
In addition to the membership criteria, the committee will take into account the potential for unique contributions to PERFORM's vision and mission.
During the application process, interested candidates will be required to present a research program, that highlights potential for collaboration with PERFORM researcher members.